Our dedicated renovation specialists will work with you to help find competent licensed contractors, get bids and obtain renovation information. We manage the renovation financing by disbursing payment to the contractor on your behalf at key stages of progress so you can focus on your renovation.
Renovation Lending Solutions for Buyers & Homeowners
The Certainty Home Loans Renovation Lending program provides qualified buyers with the financing to purchase and renovate, in one affordable home loan. The program is also available to homeowners who want to refinance and renovate or remodel their existing home. The best part is that all renovation work is completed by a professional contractor after closing. Depending on the loan program, the type of renovations you can finance include:
- Finish the basement
- New flooring, new kitchen, new bathrooms,
- Add energy efficient windows & doors
- Upgrade furnace, HVAC system
- Expand the house - add a bedroom, bathroom, master suite.
- Create open-plan living - tear down/move walls
- Remodel the kitchen
- Add a garage
Renovate with a Conventional Home Loan
If you have a minimum 620 credit score you can apply for a Conventional HomeStyle Renovation Home Loan to:
- Purchase and renovate a new home purchase
- Refinance and renovate your existing home
Renovate with a FHA Home Loan
The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) has two home loan options for homebuyers or homeowners who want to include the cost of their renovation into one home loan:
- Use a 203(K) Standard Renovation Purchase to finance with a major renovation over $35,000, including structural changes and extensive remodeling
- Use a FHA 203(K) Standard Renovation to finance minor remodeling and repairs under $35,000.
Renovate with a VA Renovate Home Loan
- Qualified veterans, active duty service members and surviving spouses can use this home loan to finance the repairs and renovation of a new home purchase
- Not available in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas.