What a great benefit for our country’s military, present and past. VA loans offer a multitude of benefits to make homeownership accessible to eligible active duty and veterans who have served our nation. Certainty Home Loans is an approved VA lender, providing veterans, active duty, National Guard, reserves, and surviving spouses with extraordinary options to purchase, refinance and renovate their own home.
Learn how to get qualified for a VA home loan >
VA Loan Legacy
Created in 1944 to help give back to those who sacrificed so much for our country, the VA Loan Program was part of the original GI Bill of Rights. In many ways, it helped reshape America at that time. It is currently funded by community mortgage companies, but backed by the US Department of Veteran Affairs.
Highlights of a VA Home Loan
- It may be possible for a veteran to obtain a 100% loan up to the current loan limit with no down payment, and the seller or builder is allowed to pay a portion of the veteran's closing costs, making the total cash required to purchase, in some instances, zero.
- Mortgage rates are typically lower than conventional loans
- No mortgage insurance is required
- Counseling is available to help borrowers retain a home through serious financial difficulties
- You can reuse your VA loan benefit
- You don’t have to be a first-time home buyer
- While you won't pay for monthly private mortgage insurance, VA loans require a Guarantee Fee* (Funding Fee) which may be financed, so you should have minimal out-of-pocket closing expenses.
* This fee goes directly to the VA to ensure the program keeps running for future generations of military homebuyers. The fee varies depending on borrower’s circumstances and may not apply to veterans with service-related disabilities.
VA Sample Loan Scenario
APR current as of 6/6/2018 is subject to change daily without notice and assumes a minimum FICO score of 720. No HOA fees on an owner-occupied single-family residence. Monthly payment includes principal and interest but does not include taxes and other insurance. The actual monthly obligation will be higher. Loan amount based on an LTV of 100.00%. VA funding fee of 3.3% - $5,391.10 which is included in the loan amount. Closing costs for a 30 year fixed rate loan estimated to be $6,108.00
||30 Year Fixed Rate
|Est. Monthly Payment