Are you ready to move forward?
Talk to a Certainty Loan Officer or start the prequalification process.
It's likely your home has been shuttered over the winter months. Now that it’s officially spring (even if it doesn’t truly feel like spring in your city) it’s time to refresh your home to welcome the warmer months ahead.
1. Clean your fridge. Wipe interior shelving, pop out the door shelves and bins and wash in warm, soapy water to get rid of food bacteria and spillage. Use a stainless steel cleaner on the exterior (if it’s stainless steel) to remove fingerprints.
2. Degrease kitchen cabinets and range. We tend to cook heavier foods over the Holidays and winter so remove sticky kitchen grime before you start making lighter foods like salads. Use a cabinet cream to remove dirt and leave wood moisturized. Clean range hood filters and under the burners.
3. Clean your vacuum. Replace the bag, clean the dust cup, and replace or wash the filters. Snip threads and hair snarled in the brush with scissors.
4. Dust everywhere. Take the time to dust lampshades, books and bookshelves. Ceilings and window casings. Always work from the top of a room down, vacuuming the dust that settles on the floor. If it’s not windy, open your windows and doors to let in fresh air.
5. Clean ceiling fan blades by covering them with a coat of furniture polish. Wipe off the excess and lightly buff. Flick the switch on your ceiling fans so they rotate to draw air up.
6. Clean windows with a rag and lightly soapy water, and then dry them with newspaper or a clean rag. Wait for an overcast day so the direct sun doesn’t dry the soapy windows before you can wipe them off.
7. Clean window treatments. Take curtains off rods, remove the hooks and place them in the dryer on the air-only setting with a damp towel for 15 minutes. Rehang them immediately. You should also do this if you are switching out heavy curtains with lighter curtains for spring and summer. Wipe wooden blinds with a damp cloth. Use a mix of warm water and a mild dishwashing liquid to wipe metal and vinyl blinds.
8. Clean comforters and blankets before storing. If you’re not storing for winter, hang them on a clothesline outside for a day in the sun to refresh.
9. Revive your mattress while you’re changing or refreshing the covers. Use your vacuum's upholstery and crevice tools to clean the top and sides. Spot-clean stains with upholstery cleaner or mild suds. Let dry, then sanitize with a disinfectant spray.
10. Whiten grout. Use a mix of 3/4 cup of household chlorine bleach with 1 gallon of water. Wear rubber gloves and eye protection. Use a stiff brush to clean one small area at a time. Avoid liquid spatter onto surrounding surfaces. Let it sit for several minutes, then scrub and rinse with fresh water.
Find out here with our mortgage calculators. Use our other great resources too like a mortgage glossary, mortgage checklists, and...
Talk with one of our mortgage experts today. Simply fill in your contact information and we’ll quickly get back in touch to answer all your questions.